Our Perspective Today...
Today, United Way is evolving from it's image of "fundraiser." Our experience tells us that the best way to help the most people is to focus on the underlying causes of the most serious problems. To do this, we partner with diverse groups (government, schools, faith groups, businesses, non-profits and individuals) to identify solutions that will bring lasting positive change to our community.
As our county continues to grow, so do the need for services. United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties is working to advance the common good by focusing on education, income, health, and rebuilding lives. These are the building blocks of a good life -a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, good health and secure basic needs. Within each of the focus areas we support multiple programs and initiatives that bring long-lasting changes and provide the following:
EDUCATION-Ensuring individuals achieve their full potential
- Quality, affordable child care and early learning opportunities
- After-school and mentoring programs
- Adult education and literacy
- Assisting individuals in overcoming barriers to learning
INCOME-Helping families to be financially stable and independent
- Financial literacy and housing education
- Emergency food assistance
- Assisting elderly and low-income with maintaining their housing
HEALTH-Improving people's health
- Health education and preventative care
- Connecting individuals to critical healthcare services
- Helping seniors stay in their own homes
- Age-appropriate mental and physical activities
REBUILDING LIVES-Relief, recovery, response
- Assistance in times of crisis or disaster
- Providing counseling to keep families intact
Community Impact Report
Click here to access the Community Impact Report.